- Login to your account.
- Click your avatar in the upper right of the screen, then account.
- Click the verifications tab.
- Click upgrade to level 2 in the level 2 box.
- Follow the steps provided on screen to submit your documentation and selfie.
Once you select “Start” and KYC is initiated, you will have only 15 minutes to complete it before your session expires.
Best Practices for Successful ID Verification:
- Have your government issued ID handy.
- Phone cameras generally produce higher quality images than webcam cameras.
- Wipe your camera with a lens-safe cloth to prevent a blurry photo and ensure it produces the clearest photo.
- Ensure you utilize indirect light to avoid glare or backlighting.
- Scanned photos will not be accepted; instead take a photo of the front and back of your ID and a selfie when instructed to do so.
- Make sure that the digits on the ID are readable in the photo.
- Use a plain background for the photo of the ID and for the selfie.
- Remove any large accessories, such as a hat or glasses, unless you were wearing glasses in the photo on the government-issued identification used for identity verification.
- If you are having trouble on one device or browser, you can try to verify on another device or browser.
Once you have completed the process, it may take several minutes for your account to be updated. For more information about the benefits of KYC, check out our article here. If you have questions regarding the status of your account, or notice that your verification says “pending” for more than five to ten minutes, please submit a request to our support team so they may assist you with troubleshooting.
Why is my verification pending?
Verifications may require additional review for many reasons including:
- A blurry photo
- Bad image quality
- A cropped or cut-off photo
- No photo submitted