RECUR practices and complies with KYC to ensure customer safety and obey legal and regulatory requirements. Protecting our customers and the integrity of our platform is of utmost importance. Know Your Customer (KYC) standards are designed to help secure consumer information, protect customers against identity theft, and protect financial institutions against fraud, corruption, money laundering, and terrorist financing.
When is KYC Required?
KYC may be required of any user at any time in accordance with our Terms of Service. Additionally, there are some other instances we will require it:
- If you meet a threshold of financial activity from purchases or sales in either the primary or secondary marketplace
- When you Cash Out
What is required for KYC?
If you're asked to go through the KYC process, we will verify your information through our due diligence processes or through the use of a third-party vendor. You will be required to provide the following information:
- A photo of your passport, OR photos of the front and back of an acceptable government issued ID
- A selfie photo taken during the verification process
Once you select “Start” and KYC is initiated, you will have only 15 minutes to complete it before your session expires.
Why should I complete KYC?
KYC is necessary to help us nurture a safe platform and set of experiences for ALL users. By completing KYC up front, you can:
- Help protect your account and assets
- Be ready for drops
- Withdraw your NFT(s) eligible for withdrawal
- Complete certain marketplace transactions
- Cash Out
Should you encounter any difficulties with verifying your identity, please submit a request and we would be happy to assist you!